$3,000 – Halfmoon, NY:
“Up for sale is my 1993 Audi UrS4. I bought this car in Colorado this past summer, and drove it back to NY as part of my vacation. It had ~212,900 on it when I purchased it, and has ~222,300 on it now (going up, as I drive it daily). It lived in Colorado its whole life, and shows it underneath — as a lifelong NY resident, I did not believe cars could be this clean underneath! I have owned several Audis, and intended on keeping this one for a long time; however, life circumstances have changed, suggesting a more generically practical vehicle. Will consider trades for suitable daily drivers (Manuals only, wagons preferred, regular or diesel fuel vehicles only with excess of 25mpg highway).
The downsides: The clear coat on 90s Audis is known to peel, and this one is no exception. The PO garaged the car, and the clear coat had started peeling by the time I got back to NY; it’s had the dandruff ever since. There is also crazing on the trunk. This could be correct with some spray can clear potentially, and/or a vinyl wrap, which was my more advanced strategy beyond ignorance. The radio does not work, as the volume knob is seriously flaky (turns off randomly, if you can get it to turn on). The CD changer does work, if you decide to swap in a new stock head unit. Drivers heated seat doesn’t work. Happy to walk any potential buyers through what I think will need to be done in the future mechanically as well. Rear tail light has some cracking around the key hole, I have epoxied it to prevent further spreading.
Since taking ownership, it has received
– an alignment
– New summer performance tires on OEM 15” Fuchs (with center caps, clear coat in decent shape)
– OEM A6 wheels with Continental snow tires
– thermostat, thermostat housing, coolant return coolant line (the PITA one under the intake), VW G13 coolant
– New motor mounts, transmission mounts
– Valve cover gasket
– PCV check valve + thorough cleaning of PCV tubing
– ISV cleaning
– Transmission fluid (a high performance Motul fluid)
– 2 oil changes with Mann filters
– New brake hoses at all four corners
– Air filter
– upper door moldings
– Replacement passenger door switch
– New battery
– Diff lock speed cutoff disabled — rear diff now stays locked at all speeds.
– Depo front clear corners — will come with a pair of yellow US style corner lights as well.
Have records from the previous owner as well, dating back prior to 200k miles, and including brakes front and rear, front control arm bushings, rear trailing arm bushings, hydraulic pressure accumulator (the “bomb”), power steering pump, coolant after run pump, and timing belt. NYS inspection through August 2020. It has euro S6 headlight lenses, and both adjusters are free turning. One side has repaired tabs that have been holding, the other side has all good tabs.
1993 Audi S4
cylinders: 5 cylinders
paint color: green
title status: clean
type: sedan “